World Class Fishing
Anglers from all over the world come to fish at Groote Eylandt, and we fish all year round.
The 300 square kilometres of prime, virtually unfished water surrounding the lodge is home to some of the most prized species in the world: marlin and sailfish, hard-hitting blue water species, plucky reef fish and the iconic barramundi.
Our four main fishing areas cater for every angling experience: reef, bluewater sportfishing, estuary and fly fishing. We cater for beginners through to experienced anglers, and you can fish from one hour to a week-long safari.
- 2 days, 3 nights + flights from $3,900 p/p (min 2 people) BOOK NOW
- 3 days, 4 nights + flights from $5,135 p/p (min 2 people) BOOK NOW
- 4 days, 5 nights +flights from $6,200 p/p (min 2 people) BOOK NOW
- 5 days, 6 nights + flights from $7,270 p/p (min 2 people) BOOK NOW
Your fishing safari includes:
- return airfares from Darwin with Airnorth
- twin share accommodation
- breakfast, lunch and dinner each day
- 2, 3, 4 or 5 days of guided fishing
- all transfers on Groote Eylandt
On a typical three-day fishing safari, you’ll experience reef, bluewater and estuary fishing (if tides permit).
- jigging or reef fishing for Golden Snapper, Coral Trout and Red Emperor
- trolling and casting for Spanish Mackerel, Gt’s, Queenfish and Longtail Tuna
- trolling and switch-baiting for Marlin and Sailfish
- casting and trolling for Barramundi and Mangrove Jack if the tides permit
Groote Eylandt’s fishing areas are vast, so five days (or longer) is recommended as the optimum time-frame to maximise your Groote fishing experience.
Short of time on Groote? We can take you out for a half-day or full-day tour as below (contact us to book):
- Half-Day Charter – based on 4 people – 4–5 hours, $285 per person or if less than 4 people, sole charter (whole boat) applies $1100.00
- Full-Day Charter – based on 4 people – 7 – 8 hours, $450 per person or if less than 4 people sole charter (whole boat) $1750.00
Phone Us on (+ 61) 08 8987 7077 for a chat about planning your own sports fishing safari.